From almond Easter eggs to choc bunnies, we all know that chocolate is one of the most exciting parts of Easter. But those chocolate stains? Well, not so much. Due to its low melting temperature, our favourite guilty pleasure can very easily become a stain on our clothes, not just our conscience! ;)
The good news is that you can feel free to indulge in all that chocolate this Easter as our No.10 Stain Removal treatment, or as we like to call it, ‘power powder’, is here to give your clothes some tough love.
Whether you need to get rid of chocolate stains on white clothes, jeans or any other specific fabrics, follow these steps to learn how to remove chocolate from your clothes.
GRAB THESE ESSENTIALS
No.10 Tough Love Stain Removal
Natural Sea Sponge
TREAT THE STAIN ASAP
If you spot the stain when it's already dry, we suggest grabbing our Clothes Brush and giving it a gentle brush down. Much of it may come off quite easily.
- Put the stained area into a bowl of warm water and apply the stain remover directly to the area.
- Massage in gently with a soft sponge.
- Leave for 15 minutes, then check back to see if the chocolate stain has gone. If it has, wash by hand or machine as normal. If not, you can leave it to continue to soak for 2-3 more hours or overnight, adding more Stain Remover if necessary.
Extra tip: chocolate is an oil based stain, so using hot water may set the stain.
Wash your garment according to its care instructions. If you're unsure about washing your item at home check out our guide on what can and can't be washed at home to learn more.LEARN MORE
We recommend using our refreshing Basil & Mandarin Leaf Duo Set. Not only is our gorgeous Eco Liquid Detergent cruelty-free and free from palm oil, it's also very effective at fighting tough stains, even at low temperatures. The Fabric Conditioner is different to the rest of the fab con pack, as it's free from formaldehyde and micro-plastics, making it biodegradable and ocean-friendly, and leaves your everyday clothes extremely soft.
If you're washing delicate items such as silk or wool we recommend washing the item by hand.
- Step 1: Run a sink of cool water (cold for silk, tepid for cashmere and wool)
- Step 2: Submerge your item(s) and knead them gently in the water
- Step 3: Leave to soak for 15-20 minutes
- Step 4: Rinse and push the water out gently
- Step 5: Leave to dry flat on a towel.
Our Eco Wash for Cashmere and Wool and Eco Wash for Silk and Delicates are gentle pH nearly neutral detergents which are perfect for hand washing. They work like a detergent and fabric conditioner in one, and leave garments, soft, supple and smelling amazing. Better, easier and cheaper than the dry cleaner.
We hope this guide helps you to enjoy your Easter weekend, totally free from any chocolate crumb anxiety! And to enjoy yourself even more, join our Easter egg hunt which is taking place as we speak, all over our site. To play, look for the orange Easter eggs, add it to your basket, and select your free prize. Happy Hunting!