We know stains can be a nightmare to tackle, but they don't have to mean the end of the road for your favourite garments. That's right - we've racked our brains to bring you absolutely everything you need to know about stain removal, so you can vanish those stains in no time!
Types Of Stain
The number of different types of stain we can see appear on our clothing is endless, whether it's a paintbrush mishap or a red wine catastrophe, and some are harder to tackle than others.
Fact: Substances that contain dyes are often tougher stains to tackle. This includes things like ink - as ink is designed to stain (paper, not our clothing) but also includes grass stains, as chlorophyll is the natural dye that makes grass green.
The number one rule for (most) stains is to treat them ASAP, especially dye stains! An exception to this rule is something like mud stains, where you'd first want to let the mud dry and brush off excess dirt before tacking the stain - but still, the sooner you can treat any stain, the better!
Our Stain Removal 1,2,3
Our Tough Love Stain Removal
is the ultimate partner for any stain you can throw at it, and it won't fade colour-fast fabrics!
All you've got to do is...
1.Submerge the affected area into a bowl of warm water and add a capful of stain remover. Make sure to check the garment's care label for the warmest recommended water temperature. For treating stains, usually, warmer water is better.
2. Massage gently with your fingers, or our Natural Sea Sponge, and leave to soak for an hour.
3. The stain should be lifted, but repeat this process until it has completely vanished, and then wash the garment as normal. Here, we recommend a machine wash, to help the stain residue be thoroughly washed away.
SHOP STAIN REMOVER
Of course, you'll also need a powerful laundry detergent to ensure you get rid of stain residue, and the product residue! Our Basil and Mandarin Leaf Duo are the perfect pair to bring a little luxury to laundry day while providing a powerful cleaning experience. And, with the peppery aroma of basil with the invigorating benefits of mandarin leaf, this refreshing fragrance lingers on your clothing after every wash.
SHOP BASIL AND MANDARIN LEAF
Stain Removal Tips & Tricks
There are a couple more things you can do to make your stain removing even easier!
- If a certain stain is proving tricky, try turning the garment inside out and applying the stain removal product to the back of the stain. This will help target the stain from all angles, making removal more thorough.
- Make sure not to dry the garment until the stain is completely gone, as drying will set the stain. This is especially true of machine drying, so it's best to air dry garments after stain treatments, just to make sure!
- If the garment is white or light, drying in direct sunlight will naturally bleach the clothing, helping maintain brightness. However, dry darks and coloured clothing out of direct sunlight to avoid colour fading.
Voilà, your garments are looking as good as new - you'd never even know there was a stain!!
Now you've bossed stain removal, tackle the rest of your clothing care with our full range of laundry products and tools.