How To Wash Yoga Clothes
- Wash yoga clothes as soon as possible after wearing - you don't want any bacteria to linger and proliferate!
- If you can't wash immediately, leave your clothes to air after use, rather than shoving them into a gym bag or hamper. Try hanging them on the back of your door, or if this isn't practical, a mesh bag is a good compromise.
- Turn the clothes inside out to wash! Since most of the sweat and oils will be on the inside of the clothing, wash yoga clothes inside out to target this more quickly.
Washing Your Clothes
One of our top tips to wash yoga clothes, with their tough performance fabrics, is to use a liquid detergent - this is people you'll be more likely to get all the product completely washed out, whereas some powder detergents can leave unwanted residue hang around in synthetic fibres, especially if you don't stick to the recommended dose.
Our Top Tips
- No need to go overboard on detergent. Believe it or not, doubling up your detergent beyond the recommended dose won't make the clothes cleaner. Our Eco Wash for Sportswear is quite concentrated, so 1.5/2.5 caps will be plenty for a lighter load, and 3/4 caps for a fuller load.
- Avoid fabric softener - it's sportwear's worst enemy. Instead of making your clothes cleaner, fabric softener will create a barrier that locks stinky smells in, preventing moisture from evaporating.
- Machine drying your yoga clothes is a no go, since this can wear down the performance fabrics. Furthermore, sometimes, machines don’t get clothes completely dry, and then they sit in a hot, moist pile waiting for you to take them out of the dryer. Not the best move for freshness! Letting them hang-dry ensures they get constant air flow as moisture evaporates.
Struggling with mud stains on your running gear, or even sweat stains on your gym clothes? No problem! Try our No.10 Stain Removal - simply pop the stained area, or the whole item into a bowl of warm water, sprinkle on our stain removal granules and ideally rub them into the area gently and leave to soak. The stain will be gone in no time.
Shop our full range to make laundry day an absolute breeze.