Spring is springing early here in Britain, and with the exciting news that our lockdown is gradually coming to an end as well, there's a growing sense of anticipation and bubbling excitement. We've been through so much, and we're all hoping and willing the worst to be behind us now! With that comes the prospect of events, meetings, and even commuting later in the year, and many more formal shirts that may not have seen the light of day for a year or more will be dusted off and thrown on.
In collaboration with our good friends at Dundas, we thought there was no better time to bring you this 5 step guide: so you can care for your Dundas shirt, and enjoy it for a lifetime ahead in this post-lockdown world!
- Use the right detergent: our No.2 Signature Eco Wash - its non-biological formula is super effective at stain removal, and free from toxins and harsh chemicals, and of course, the packaging is totally plastic-free.
Avoid over-washing: this can cause your shirt can cause the colours to fade, the fabric to thin and any wear and tear to be accentuated over time. Try to wash it only when it's needed. In between washes you can refresh your shirt by hanging it up to air, or giving it a light steam, which removes odours and 96% of bacteria.LEARN MORE
- Wash at cool temperatures: Washing shirts in hot water can shrink the fabric and cause colours to run and fade. Fibres are normally stretched out when made into clothes, and applying too much heat can release that tension and make the fibres return to their natural and shorter state. Washing your shirt at 30 degrees ensures it remains crisp and bright for longer, and uses around 40% less electricity over the course of a year. All of our detergents are ideal for low temperature washing, saving on water and energy during the washing cycle too.
2.TREAT STAINS AS SOON AS YOU SEE THEM
We suggest using our Tough Love Stain Removal treatment and following these simple steps:
- Apply: Apply our stain remover directly to the stain, massage in gently with your fingers or a soft sponge,
- Leave to soak: in warm or hot water (if you can), for one hour. If the stain has faded but not totally disappeared, then repeat.
- Wash: When it’s totally disappeared, wash by hand or by machine as normal.
3. NEVER TUMBLE DRY
4. STORE CORRECTLY
6. REPAIR DAMAGE EVERY NOW AND THEN
Every couple of years, your shirts may start to look a little worn in places, and rather than putting them on the scrap-heap, send them for a pitstop at the repair shop. We can mend rips and tears in elbows, replace buttons, and we even offer a service called Collar Turning, where your worn collar can be flipped over to show the totally fresh underside, giving your shirt a whole new lease of life. Get a quote from our team to restore your older shirts to their former glory.GET A QUOTE
For more clothing care tips, browse our blog, or our range of eco-friendly clothing care products.SHOP NOW